Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Your ways our not my ways" Isaiah 55:8


Wow, what a difficult past two weeks. So many things just seemed to go wrong. Difficulty with my research, burnt my hand on a hot pan, lack of sleep and being behind in nearly everything from school to relationships, broke the space bar on my computer... and now having trouble with my typing and creating way too many typos. The list goes on.. and on.. and on.. and While I let myself get caught up in these little details and let them weigh me down, I lost sight of the meaning of these events. Yeah, these things aren't MAJOR mishaps like not getting into an educational program or making a sports team, nor are they life threatening events or tragedies, but all while they were happening I kept asking God what these things meant-- why was I having such an "off" couple days. After stepping out of my problems, going to a spiritual worship group, and reading a few faith-filled books, I began to grasp a sense of why we have "tough" days or "off" days. WE ARE HUMAN. I was reminded of my humanity through all these little upsettings and frustrations. I am not perfect, nor while I ever be. And even though I try to strive to be the best that I can be, I am always going to have set backs, disappointments, and failures. I have limitations, even of the things I think are my strengths. I am never going to be a super Human, and I can never be independent of God. Offering my limitations, fears, and upsettings to God allows me to grow stronger in relationship with Him. It allows me the chance to reflect upon my humanity and to see myself not as superior to the rest of my nature, but as one. All my limitations were a kind reminder to me that even my strengths and the good deeds that I do should not be things I boast myself in or hold as pride for myself-- I owe all these things to God. For in my relationship with God, I am able to let His love pour out through me and spread it vast like wild fire to His people. All glory goes to God for He is above all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment