Wednesday, January 26, 2011


I recently discovered my ability to write and to write things that God has placed on my heart.It is amazing what God puts on my heart and how His words can just speak emotions. I recently discovered my ability of flow writing and how naturally it comes to me when I just let my emotions be expressed through my muscles, into my fingers, and onto the key board. I have decided that I am going to start blogging about "God things" that happen for me throughout the week (or day if I can keep up with it).

Tonight, I went to "Praise in the Pub" a Christian based gathering in a Pub. The event entails prayer, great music, and an inspirational story from a student. I haven't been to Praise in the Pub in over a year and a half; some how I just let life get too busy for me. Well it was a God thing I went tonight of all Wednesday nights. One of the girls that I was an Orientation Leader for at the beginning of the year spoke for the inspiration today. Wow, was her story and her strength inspirational. She moved mountains in the crowd of young adults tuned into her story. She shared about her mental and physical disabilities and how she has always felt so lonely, so much like an outcast, and always thought God loved her less than the rest of the world. She told us about her battle of acceptance of her self and learning to love life. Throughout her journey she questioned if there was a God, but found God at a Christian summer camp. She realized that God loves her just as much as everyone else, but He has just given her different bridges to cross to find Him. I am thankful for this young girl's inspiring words and her strength to continually live. It was a God thing for me to be able to hear her speak with such courage. She was a gift to all of us at Praise in the Pub tonight.

Open your eyes to those God things and those gifts in your everyday life. Start seeing God all around you.

Holy is the Lord God Almighty. The Earth is filled with His Glory.

-Kristina DeMuth

2 comments: